Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the contractual position of Executive Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 5) on the Personal Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-Genera salary range $1,207,224 to $1,435,010 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the position.
Under the supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant to the Governor-General, the Executive Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Executive Assistant for State Visits, Meetings, Courtesy Calls, Tours and Social Events as well as a wide range of administrative and office support that fall under the purview of the Personal Establishment.
- Receive, sort and record all incoming correspondence to the Executive Office. Process in keeping with established procedures. Bring to the attention of the Senior Executive Assistant any urgent correspondence.
- Maintain an appropriate system to control and safe guard, confidential documents, files and reports.
- Compose letters, memoranda and reports; prepare written responses as required. Prepare official and other documents as required.
- Record and coordinate the dispatch of outgoing mail.
- Record and distribute documents per routing instructions to Managers and other staff.
- Make appointments for official and private engagements as directed.
- Provide support for the preparation of the Weekly, Monthly and Annual Events Diaries.
- Send e-mails, fax, scan, copy and file; retrieve documents and correspondence as required.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls, make outbound calls as required. Provide discreet and routine information to telephone and/or other enquiries.
- Receive, refer and direct visitors to the Executive Office as required.
- Keep and operate the Stamp Imprest.
- Provide support to Her Excellency in the absence of Her Excellency’s Personal Assistant
- Prepare Briefing Notes as required.
- Oversee inventory of office and First Aid Supplies for the Executive Office.
- Conduct basic research as required.
- Provide support for the preparation of invitations for events.
- Provide support for meetings, courtesy calls and social events; as well as a wide range of office support activities.
- Attend social/community events as required and provide support prior to and during event.
- Provide support for receiving guests at Events as required.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of principles and practises of Office Management.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with people at all levels.
- Ability to apply good judgment, initiative and cope well under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which at times will include long hours and work on weekends and Public Holidays.
- Ability to uphold the Office’s high standards of service delivery which is considered vital and deserving to visitors, stakeholders and staff.
- Ability to embrace, demonstrate and contribute to the Vision of The Office of The Governor-General and Staff: “A culture of excellence through people, performance and partnerships”.
- Excellent problem solving and result driven skills with an eye for details.
- Is confident and professional in the execution of duties.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- An undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or Management or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution. AND
- Certified Professional Secretary Course or Office/Administrative Management (Level 4) from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years of related and progressive working experience.
- Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of at least 55 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook are mandatory.
The incumbent will be employed on contract for a period of two (2) years with the eligibility for a gratuity at the rate of twenty-five percent (25%) of the salary earned during the period of engagement.
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Friday, the 18th November, 2016 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.