Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the contractual position of Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3) on the Personal Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-General, salary range $828,588 to $984,930 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the position.
Under the supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant, the Senior Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Executive Office, the Special Advisor to the Governor-General, the Aide-de-Camp and the Units that fall under the purview of the Personal Establishment.
- Monitor Their Excellencies’ Weekly, Monthly and Annual Diaries in order to keep abreast of, and to ensure optimal response time and preparedness for all activities on the Events Diary.
- Manage diary/appointments of the Special Advisor and Aide-de-Camp. Schedule appointments as required and provide timely reminders. Bring up files as necessary in advance to enable timely preparation for meetings and other assignments.
- Prepare Briefing notes as required in advance of events/functions to be attended by His Excellency.
- In consultation with the Senior Executive and/or the Aide-de-Camp, prepare and disseminate the Weekly Events Diary per established timelines.
- Compose letters, memoranda, reports, official and other documents as directed.
- Prepare Briefing Notes as required for the Governor-General, Special Advisor and/or as directed.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate system to control and safe guard confidential documents, files and reports.
- Attending meeting and take minutes as required; draft, circulate and follow-up with relevant persons on action items.
- Send emails, fax, scan, copy, file and retrieve documents and correspondences as required in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls and make outbound calls as required. Provide discreet and routine information to telephone and/or other enquiries.
- Receive, refer and direct visitors to the Executive Office as required.
- Maintain inventory of Office and First Aid supplies for the Executive Office.
- Provide support for the preparation of invitations for events.
- Provide support for meetings, courtesy calls and social events; as well as a wide range of office support activities.
- Attend social/community events as required and provide support prior to and during event.
- Provide support for receiving guests at Events as required.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of principles and practises of Office Management.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with people at all levels.
- Ability to apply good judgment, initiative and cope well under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which at times will include long hours and work on weekends and Public Holidays.
- Ability to uphold the Office’s high standards of service delivery which is considered vital and deserving to visitors, stakeholders and staff.
- Ability to embrace, demonstrate and contribute to the Vision of The Office of The Governor-General and Staff: “A culture of excellence through people, performance and partnerships”.
- Excellent problem solving and result driven skills with an eye for details.
- Is confident and professional in the execution of duties.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Certified Professional Secretary Course or Office/Administrative Management (Level 2) from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years of related and progressive working experience.
- Proficiency in typewriting at a speed of at least 55 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook are mandatory.
The incumbent will be employed on contract for a period of two (2) years with the eligibility for a gratuity at the rate of twenty-five percent (25%) of the salary earned during the period of engagement.
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Friday, the 18th November, 2016 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.