Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the contractual position of Maid (LMO/TS 2) on the Personal Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-General, salary range $8,431 to $9,538 per week and any allowance(s) attached to the position.
Under the supervision of the House/Household Manager, Maid is primarily responsible for cleaning and the upkeep of assigned areas to assure a pristine environment that is always in readiness to receive Their Excellencies and guests.
- Perform a range of duties in keeping with standard operating procedures that are necessary to maintain the surroundings in pristine conditions:
- Dust and wipe walls of assigned areas, paying keen attention to the removal of cob webs and any other soils and markings.
- Sweep and mop floors, paying keen attention to corners and skirting boards.
- Dust, wipe and polish furniture. Vacuum cushions and rugs.
- Clean and disinfect desks, telephones and other equipment.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms. Maintain adequate supplies of toiletries.
- Clean and polish windows and doors.
- Empty and wash waste bins.
- Provide support for events as required.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Customer driven and courteous with an outgoing and approachable demeanour
- Loyal and trustworthy with impeccable integrity
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Certification in Housekeeping from a recognized institution. Preferable HEART TRUST-NTA certification with practical experience.
- At least two (2) years of proven, related experience in a comparable setting, AND
- Valid Food Handler’s Permit
The incumbent will be employed on contract for a period of two (2) years with the eligibility for a gratuity at the rate of twenty-five percent (25%) of the salary earned during the period of engagement.
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Friday, the 18th November, 2016 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.