Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the contractual position of Grounds Man (LMO/TS 1) on the Personal Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-General, salary range $8,042 to $9,099 per week and any allowance(s) attached to the position.
Under the supervision of the Landscaping/Grounds Manager (Directly) and the Property Administrator (Indirectly), is responsible for maintain the gardens and landscape areas of King’s House.
- Transplants shrubs and plans using manual and power operated equipment.
- Mows, trims and sod lawns.
- Waters, fertilizes, mulches, sprays and prunes shrubs, trees and potted plants.
- Weeds areas of the landscape.
- Grafting of trees.
- Maintains the greenhouse.
- Undertakes general cleaning (sweeping, washing, raking, etc.) of grounds.
- Assists with operating the tractor for transport of cuttings and other garbage to garbage area.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal Skills.
- Basic Knowledge of landscaping and gardening.
- Ability to operate basic gardening tools.
- Ability to read, comprehend, written and follow simple instructions.
- Ability to follow safety procedures and guidelines in the operation of equipment and the use of chemicals.
- Ability to embrace, demonstrate and contribute to the Vision of The Office of The Governor-General and Staff: “A culture of excellence through people, performance and partnerships”.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Completion of Grade 9 Secondary Level Education
- At least two (2) years of proven, related experience in a comparable setting.
The incumbent will be employed on contract for a period of two (2) years with the eligibility for a gratuity at the rate of twenty-five percent (25%) of the salary earned during the period of engagement.
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Friday, the 18th November, 2016 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.