The Office of The Governor-General & Staff (King’s House) is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent and experienced individual who is forward-thinking, customer focused, and results-oriented, to fill the post of Administrative /Personnel Officer (GMG/AM 3) on the General Administration in the Office of His Excellency The Governor-General & Staff on Contract/Gratuity Terms for 2 years with effect from April, 2019.
Salary range $1,125,513.00 to $1,337,881.00 per annum, payable monthly.
Under the supervision of the Director, Human Resource and Administration, the Administrative/Personnel Officer provides critical support for the range of HR Functions to include:
1. Recruitment and Selection Processes
2. Training and Development
3. Performance Management
4. Salary and Benefits Administration
5. Recognition Programme
6. Appointments, transfers, promotions, resignations and Retirement Processes
7. Record Management
8. The incumbent also assists the Department Managers with interpretations and application of HR policies and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• Good knowledge of the Public Service Regulations 1961, and the Staff Orders for the Public Service.
• Sound understanding of Leave Administration in the Public Service.
• Proficient in the use of relevant the Microsoft Suite of programme.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain courteous, professional relations with internal and external clients.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with an eye for detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to efficiently organize and prioritize activities and respond quickly to requests.
• Confidential, Ethical and Professional.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Management Studies or a related discipline, from a recognized institution, AND
• Training/Certification in Records and Information Management
• Three (3) years progressive experience in a fast-paced, Human Resource Department.
• Experience in Government Human Resource Management.
The Vision Statement of the Office of The Governor-General & Staff, “A Culture of Excellence through People, Performance and Partnerships”, underpins every aspect of its operations, as does the espoused values of integrity, commitment, adaptability, and respect for all.
If you believe that you are the candidate we are seeking,you may email your application letter and resume, along with contact details for two references to email@example.com
We appreciate all interests, however, we will respond only to shortlisted candidates.
Applications close on Friday April 15, 2019