Deputy Governor-General’s Secretary (Corporate Services) (GMG/SEG 4)
Salary: $2,777,255.00 – $3,301,284.00 per annum plus applicable allowance(s)
The Office of The Governor-General & Staff (King’s House) is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and experienced individuals who are forward-thinking, customer focused, and results-oriented, to fill the posts listed below on contract/gratuity terms:
The Deputy Governor-General’s Secretary (Corporate Services) is responsible for managing and directing the operations of those portfolios which fall under the duties of the post; these include Finance & Accounting, Property Administration Procurement, Records and Inventory Management, Office Management, and Transportation Management.
The incumbent oversees the operations of the Office through the implementation of appropriate business practices, Government of Jamaica (GOJ) policies and procedures with respect to budgeting and financial management, administration, procurement, as well as information and communication technology (ICT).
• Prepare and monitor the Office’s three-year Strategic/Business Plan, Operational Plan, Procurement Plan and Budget, ensuring that output is achieved according to agreed and measurable targets.
• Ensure that effective internal control systems are in place as required by the FAA Act, GOJ Procurement Guidelines, and any other policies or guidelines issued from time to time.
• Develops and ensures the implementation of strategies for the conservation of utilities throughout the organization.
• Manages projects for major refurbishing and/or repairs of buildings.
• Maintain the various contracts managed on behalf of the Office. Ensure that they are comprehensively documented and approved by the competent authorities.
• Co-ordinate tender and/or bid document preparation including; Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
• Is part of the team responsible for negotiating purchase agreements
• Oversees the implementation of effective equipment maintenance programme, ensuring they are kept in good working condition and avoid/minimize incidence of downtime.
• Makes recommendations regarding the strategic use of Information Technology (IT) towards achieving the organization’s objectives, credit arrangements, and service contracts on behalf of King’s House.
• Design and implement work plans and programmes for assigned staff, ensure they are efficiently utilized and productivity is optimized.
• Provide guidance, support and control to assigned staff, and ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained in order to carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff for the Office of The Governor-General.
• Provide support and advice to the GGS, the DGGS (Personal), and Programme Managers as required.
• Give direction and leadership in providing quality, sustainable and effective services that are responsive to the Office’s needs.
• Make recommendations to senior officers regarding the filing and storage of sensitive and confidential information and files.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Experience:
A Master’s Degree in Management OR Business Administration OR Finance OR Public Administration OR Public Sector Management with courses in finance, risk management and strategic planning OR its equivalent, from a recognized tertiary institution. AND
Training and experience in Project Management. AND
Seven (7) years of experience in management, four (4) of which must be at a senior management level in a public sector entity or a comparable organization.
The Vision Statement of the Office of The Governor-General & Staff, “A Culture of Excellence through People, Performance and Partnerships”, underpins every aspect of its operations, as does the espoused values of integrity, commitment, adaptability, and respect for all.
If you believe that you are the candidate we are seeking, please email your application letter and resume, along with the contact details for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the post of interest in the subject line.
We appreciate all interests; however, we will respond only to candidates shortlisted.
Applications close on Friday January 11, 2019.