| JOB TITLE: Executive Secretary 1
JOB GRADE: OPS/SS4
DEPARTMENT: Office of His Excellency The Governor-General & Staff
UNIT: General Administration/Corporate Services
REPORTS TO: The Deputy Governor-General’s Secretary (Corporate Services)
Under the direction of the Deputy Governor-General’s Secretary (Corporate Services), the Executive Secretary 1 performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities in order to facilitate efficient operations and optimum output. The incumbent supports effective service delivery by implementing administrative systems, policies and procedures, monitoring administrative projects, and providing general office services.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ OUTPUT
- Office schedules and appointment diaries
- Recorded messages/Minutes
- Letters, Correspondence, memoranda and reports
- Meetings Arrangements.
- Filing system.
- Travel arrangements.
- Receive, sort and record all incoming correspondence
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls, and make outbound calls as required.
- Retrieve, and/or disseminate information within the scope of responsibilities.
- Receive, refer and direct visitors and/or callers as required.
- Schedule appointments through consultations as required.
- Ensure that relevant information is circulated and signed off accordingly.
- Prepare agendas and schedules for meetings, take minutes, compile, transcribe and distribute.
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements and meetings for authorized trips.
- Compose letters, memoranda and reports; prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Send e-mails; fax, scan, copy, file, retrieve documents and correspondence as required.
- Maintain an appropriate system to control and safeguard, confidential documents, files and reports.
- Take care of requests for information and data, conduct research on related matters.
- Liaise with appropriate staff members on related matters and activities. Follow-up on such matters to ensure speedy consideration and conclusion.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Provide relieve coverage for the Telephone Operator/Receptionist.
- Provide support to the Executive Office of The Governor-General’s Secretary as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems.
- Administrative writing and reporting.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Know-how in operating standard office equipment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Is a competent user of personal computers with knowledge of relevant software applications.
- Planning, organizing, prioritizing, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Information gathering, information assessment and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with time management skills.
- Able to apply good judgement, exercise initiative and cope well under pressure.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration OR Management OR equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution. AND
- Successful completion of the Certificate in Administrative Management Level 3 (CAM 3) OR equivalent from an accredited school.
- Five (5) years of related and progressive working experience.
You may email your application letter and resume to email@example.com. Please state the post of interest in the subject line.
We appreciate all interests; however, we will respond only to candidates shortlisted.
Applications close on Thursday, January 28, 2021.