Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Handy Man (LMO/TS 2) on the Personal Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-General salary range $9,860 to $11,156 per week.
Under the supervision of the House Supervisor, the Handy Man is responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance duties on the Main and Adjacent Buildings to include sweeping and cleaning of general areas on the House and in the Residence; cleaning of windows, roof, and walls and moving items of furniture and fixtures. This role requires the operation of a range of tools and equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Wash, clean and disinfect all drains around the Main Building.
- Sweep all corridors adjoining the Ballroom.
- Power was balcony to His Excellency’s Office; wash/clean windows and columns. Tend to and water plants and keep planter boxes in pristine condition.
- Sweep Consular Garden. Wash stones, benches, tables and other items located in that area. Assist with watering of plants.
- Assist with care of plants in Consular Garden.
- Sweep corridor to the Pantry. Sweep walk area to the Laundry Block, remove items of garbage along the walkway and behind water tanks. Keep area in clean condition.
- Clean and disinfect all gutters and drain pipes around the Main Building, Pantry, House and Laundry Block.
- Clean exterior and interior windows (high areas) in the Main Building (to include the Residence).
- Cobweb and dust walls and ceilings (high areas), wipe door facings and walls as directed.
- Clean fish pond each week and feed fish as directed. Carry out daily check of fish pond to ensure maintenance at the required standard.
- Maintain supplies of chemicals to enable cleaning duties Assigned.
- Haul garbage receptacles as required.
- Assist with stripping, cleaning, and buffing of floors and other surfaces as required.
- 14.Conduct period check of window and door hinges and report any defect to the Events Manager.
- 15. Assist with projects as required.
- Set water for the Police and Grounds Men.
- Power wash concrete surfaces around the Main Building as directed.
- Provide assistance for the removal of a range of items to include paintings, furniture, boxes, etc.
- Provide support to the Events Manager as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary level education,
- Certificate in General Maintenance,
- Experience operating a range of tools and equipment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar capacity.
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Monday, May 25, 2020 to:
Director, Human Resource & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.