Under the supervision of the House Supervisor, the Office Attendant is responsible for carrying out housekeeping activities in the assigned areas. The incumbent will also be responsible for Food and Beverage Preparation for Courtesy Calls, Meetings, and Beverage Preparation and Service for all Tours.
This role requires knowledge of Food and Beverage, small and large appliances, flatware, glassware, silverware, furnishings, antiques, brassware, fixtures and fittings, and linens.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Monitor Their Excellencies weekly, monthly and annual diaries in order to be kept abreast of, and ensure optimal response time and preparedness of areas and support services required for events.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages for Courtesy Calls, Meetings, Teas, and other events as required.
- Carry out daily setting and replenishing of beverage trays for Offices.
- Preparation of beverage for Staff as required.
- Set up and break down of beverage/tea stations as required.
- Prepare and serve beverages for all Tours and other events as directed.
- Under the direction of the House Supervisor, prepare the required flatware, glassware, linens, and other related items for food & beverage preparation and service.
- Adhere to sanitation procedures prior to and during food preparation as well as maintain required standard of sanitation and safety in all food & beverage preparation and service areas.
- Carry out break-down operations in assigned areas as required.
- Perform a range of housekeeping duties in assigned areas in keeping with the Standard Operating Procedures. Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning of coolers, refrigerators, freezers, and stoves.
- Dust, wipe and clean all walls, ceilings, doors and frames, windows, tables, counter tops, appliances, and fixtures and fittings.
- Clean and disinfect telephone instruments.
- Sweep, mop and polish floor areas, paying keen attention to corners and skirting boards.
- Clean and polish brass, gold or silver fixtures and fittings to include door knobs, door hinges, key-hole covers, window levers, window and door stops using appropriate chemicals and techniques.
- Clear and wash garbage bins; line appropriately.
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment used in housekeeping activities after each use.
- Report damage to tools, equipment, linens and other articles that occur while in your care.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Departmental Human Resource Responsibilities
- Provide support services for events as required.
- Responsibilities with respect to tea and beverage preparation and settings are executed in accordance to the standards as required by King’s House.
- Furnishings, brassware, silverware, fixtures and fittings are maintained in a clean and attractive manner and to the required standard.
- Accurate and efficient pulling of glassware, flatware, silverware, napkins and other required items in preparation for all events.
- Staff Canteen and Kitchen, Pantry and Main Kitchen are immaculately kept.
- Food service items and other tools and equipment are carefully handled, kept cleaned, serviced and maintained; damages are accounted for.
- Guidelines with respect to food handling procedures, standards of sanitation and presentation are adhered to.
- The standards of customer service, personal presentation, efficiencies and cleanliness are upheld and/or exceeded.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION
- Knowledge of brassware, silverware, antiques and their care; knowledge of household furnishings and their care.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in housekeeping operations and their correct application.
- Knowledge of the uses of glassware and flatware and their setting.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service.
- Knowledge of the operation and care of industrial and domestic machines and equipment.
- Understanding of health and safety issues and regulations.
- Is loyal, composed, trustworthy and demonstrates impeccable integrity.
- Able to organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Is able to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly.
- A problem solving and results driven individual with an eye for details.
- Is confidential and professional in personal conduct and execution of duties.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- NCTVET/HEART Certification in Food and Beverage (Service and/or Preparation), AND
- NCTVET/HEART Certification in Housekeeping Operations, AND
- Completion of secondary level education,
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar capacity.
- Valid Food Handler’s Permit
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
The Office Attendant is expected to take a non-traditional approach to working hours. This means that he or she may be required to work a flexible schedule which will include at times long hours, work on weekends and Public Holidays.
This position requires spending long hours on one’s feet and often having to lift objects, such as storage containers.
- Recommend replacement of items within job scope
LIAISE WITHIN THE OFFICE:
|POSITION TITLE||PURPOSE OF COMMUNICATION|
LIAISE EXTERNALLY TO THE OFFICE:
|POSITION TITLE||PURPOSE OF COMMUNICATION|
You may email your application letter and resume to email@example.com. Please state the post of interest in the subject line.
We appreciate all interests; however, we will respond only to candidates shortlisted.