Under the supervision of the House Supervisor, the Parlour Maid is responsible for carrying out housekeeping activities in the Office areas of the Main Building. These areas include the Ballroom, Formal Drawing Room, Formal Dining Room, Morning Room, the Executive Suite of Offices, the Administrative Offices, Pantry and Kitchen.
This role requires knowledge of luxury items, antiques, furnishings and fittings, and customer service.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ OUTPUT
- Housekeeping Services
- Tools & Equipment
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The incumbent performs a range of housekeeping duties in the Office areas of the Main Building in keeping with the Standard Operating Procedures. Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Dusts, wipes and cleans all walls, ceilings, doors and frames, mirrors, tables, desks, lamps and shades, appliances and other fixtures and fittings in assigned areas.
- Cleans and disinfects telephone instruments.
- Sweeps, mops and polishes floor areas, paying keen attention to corners and skirting boards.
- Cleans and polishes brass, gold or silver fixtures and fittings to include door knobs, door hinges, key-hole covers, window levers, window and door stops using appropriate chemicals and techniques.
- Clears and washes trash bins and line appropriately.
- Dusts and dry vacuums drapes, sofas, and chairs. Vacuums carpets and rugs. Carries out spot-cleaning procedures as required.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms from top to bottom to include cobwebbing, cleaning tiled surfaces, mirrors, sinks, vanities, fixtures and fittings, shower curtains, bathtub, drain holes, water closet, and floors.
- Applies appropriate rotation techniques for bathroom linens and toiletries in keeping with standard operating procedures.
- Cleans corridors, elevator, stairways and hand rails, and applies appropriate cleaning methods to each.
10. Cleans windows, blinds, and insect screens.
11. Thoroughly cleans all tools and equipment used in housekeeping activities after each use.
12. Reports damage to tools, equipment, linens and other articles that occur while in your care.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Departmental Human Resource Responsibilities
Provide support services for events as required
- Furnishings, brassware, silverware, fixtures and fittings, rugs, carpets, drapes, bedding in all areas are maintained in a clean and attractive manner and to the required standard.
- Equipment and tools assigned are appropriately maintained.
- The standards of customer service, personal presentation, efficiencies and cleanliness are upheld and or exceeded.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION
- Knowledge of brassware, silverware, antiques and their care; knowledge of fabric and garments and care; knowledge of household furnishings and their care.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in housekeeping operations and their correct application.
- Knowledge of the operation and care of industrial and domestic machines and equipment.
- Understanding of health and safety issues
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Loyal, composed, trustworthy and demonstrates impeccable integrity.
- Able to organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly.
- A problem solving and results-driven individual with an eye for details.
- Is confidential and professional in personal conduct and execution of duties.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- NCTVET/HEART Certification in Housekeeping Operations
- Completion of secondary level education
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar capacity.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
The Parlour Maid is expected to take a non-traditional approach to working hours. This means that he or she may be required to work a flexible schedule which will include at times long hours, work on weekends and Public Holidays.
This position requires spending long hours on one’s feet and often having to lift objects, such as linen bags and storage containers.
- Recommend replacement of items within job scope.
LIAISE WITHIN THE OFFICE:
|POSITION TITLE||PURPOSE OF COMMUNICATION|
You may email your application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the post of interest in the subject line.
We appreciate all interests; however, we will respond only to candidates shortlisted.