The Office of The Governor-General & Staff (King’s House) is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and experienced individuals who are forward-thinking, customer focused, and results-oriented, to fill the posts listed below on contract/gratuity terms:
Property Caretaker (SOG/ST 3)
Salary: $875,220.00 – $1,040,361.00 per annum
The Property Caretaker is responsible for securing offices and buildings and carrying out maintenance tasks to include but not limited to plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs, cleaning of buildings, and providing oversight support for projects. He/She is under the supervision of the Property Administrator, The incumbent also provides critical support for disaster and emergency management activities, and supervises the Car Attendant in the care of the official fleet of vehicles.
The incumbent organizes, trains and directs assigned staff to assure effective operations, and that the highest level and quality of service is accorded to Their Excellencies, guests, and staff.
This role requires knowledge of plumbing, painting, electrical, and carpentry repairs, as well as the operation of maintenance tools and equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ OUTPUT
1. Building Security and Maintenance services.
2. Weekly Work Plan for assigned staff.
3. Weekly report.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Monitor Their Excellencies weekly, monthly and annual diaries in order to keep abreast of and ensure optimal response time and preparedness of the buildings and related fixtures and fittings for the range of activities hosted at King’s House.
2. Provide leadership and supervisory oversight for assigned staff to assure the prescribed courtesies, customer service standards, discipline, and protocol are observed, and the required procedures for tasks are executed in keeping with established standards.
3. Define and implement work schedule for all assigned staff.
4. Manage and be able to account for maintenance and vehicle care tools and equipment.
5. Report all security breaches and maintenance concerns in keeping with established procedures. Implement corrective actions as required.
6. Perform other related functions as required.
1. Carry out daily inspection of office areas and related buildings across the property, see to removal of debris, washing and disinfecting of entrance areas, cleaning of windows, fixtures and fittings in high areas, sweeping and power washing of roofs, corridors, gutters and drains as needed.
2. Carry out daily inspection entrance areas to the property and parking areas and see to the removal of debris, sweeping and cleaning as needed.
3. Carry out daily inspection of bathrooms, apply corrective measures as needed to mitigate against water wastage.
4. Carry out daily check of water fountains. Skim debris, keep clean, and maintain at standard required. Check pump and pressure tank apparatus to ensure all are functional.
5. Carry out daily check of fish pond. Keep clean and maintain at standard required. Check pump to ensure working. Trouble shoot if needed.
6. Carry out daily check of water storage tanks to ensure at optimal levels. Correct any problems discovered and escalate any issue outside scope of expertise.
7. Receive job orders/maintenance requests from relevant officers and provide or see to the provision of the required solution. Provide completed job orders within the established timelines.
8. Dispense supply of gasoline to the official fleet of vehicles as required. Monitor gas levels and provide required report to the Property Administrator.
9. Maintain solid waste disposal sites in keeping with established sanitation standards.
10. Carry out daily inspection of lighting across the property to ensure all functional. All exterior and interior lights must be working at all times. Replace light bulbs as required.
11. Perform daily checks and lock-up procedures for offices and buildings at the end of the work day.
12. Monitor irrigation systems to ensure they are turned on early mornings and late nights or as required.
13. Monitor and operate the stand-by generator
14. Provide support for supervision of ongoing projects undertaken on property outside of regular work hours, on weekends and public holidays. Provide regular updates on project progress to the Property Administrator.
15. Source and recommend for procurement supplies for routine maintenance of buildings, fixtures and fittings across the property.
16. Identify and recommend for procurement tools and equipment to improve maintenance efficiencies and output.
17. Conduct quality checks for all assigned tasks in all areas under portfolio responsibility.
18. Provide support for disaster and emergency management activities.
19. Coordinate with the Property Administrator for periodic maintenance of all tools and equipment in keeping with established maintenance schedules. Maintain service records.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION
1. Knowledge of basic building maintenance activities to include plumbing, painting, electrical and carpentry repairs.
2. Knowledge of maintenance tools and equipment
3. Understanding of irrigation systems, grounds maintenance, and chemicals used for various purposes across the property.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
1. Is loyal, composed, trustworthy and demonstrates impeccable integrity.
2. Able to lead, manage, organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
3. Excellent organizing and planning skills with an eye for detail
4. Able to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly. Effective problem solver
5. Able to apply good judgment, negotiate, exercise initiative and cope well under pressure.
6. Communicate effectively in both oral and written form with persons at all levels.
7. Is confidential and professional in personal conduct and execution of duties.
8. Computer literate in Microsoft applications
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in General Studies and certification in plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs. Certification by HEART/NTA desirable.
• Experience with landscaping, agriculture or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
• At least three (3) years progressive experience in a similar capacity.
• Supervisory training and experience.
• Valid General Driver’s License and/or experience operating equipment (forklift, tractors, back-hoe, zero-turn mowers, etc)
• Experience operating maintenance tools and equipment
The Vision Statement of the Office of The Governor-General & Staff, “A Culture of Excellence through People, Performance and Partnerships”, underpins every aspect of its operations, as does the espoused values of integrity, commitment, adaptability, and respect for all. If you believe that you are the candidate we are seeking, you may visit our website at www.kingshouse.gov.jm to review Job Descriptions for the posts noted above.
You may email your application letter and resume, along with contact details for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the post of interest in the subject line.
We appreciate all interests; however, we will respond only to candidates shortlisted.
NOTE: This post requires the individual to live on the King’s House Property.
Applications close on Thursday, November 27, 2019.