Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Property Caretaker (SOG/ST 3) on the General Establishment of His Excellency The Governor-General salary range $918,981 to $1,092,379 per annum
Under the supervision of the Property Administrator, the Property Caretaker is responsible for securing offices and buildings and carrying out maintenance tasks to include but not limited to plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs, cleaning of buildings, and providing oversight support for projects. The incumbent also provides critical support for disaster and emergency management activities, and supervises the Car Attendant in the care of the official fleet of vehicles.
This role requires knowledge of plumbing, painting, electrical, and carpentry repairs, as well as the operation of maintenance tools and equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Carry out daily inspection of office areas and related buildings across the property, see to removal of debris, washing and disinfecting of entrance areas, cleaning of windows, fixtures and fittings in high areas, sweeping and power washing of roofs, corridors, gutters and drains as needed.
- Carry out daily inspection entrance areas to the property and parking areas and see to the removal of debris, sweeping and cleaning as needed.
- Carry out daily inspection of bathrooms, apply corrective measures as needed to mitigate against water wastage.
- Carry out daily check of water fountains. Skim debris, keep clean, and maintain at standard required. Check pump and pressure tank apparatus to ensure all are functional.
- Carry out daily check of fish pond. Keep clean and maintain at standard required. Check pump to ensure working. Trouble shoot if needed.
- Carry out daily check of water storage tanks to ensure at optimal levels. Correct any problems discovered and escalate any issue outside scope of expertise.
- Receive job orders/maintenance requests from relevant officers and provide or see to the provision of the required solution. Provide completed job orders within the established timelines.
- Dispense supply of gasoline to the official fleet of vehicles as required. Monitor gas levels and provide required report to the Property Administrator.
- Maintain solid waste disposal sites in keeping with established sanitation standards.
- Carry out daily inspection of lighting across the property to ensure all functional. All exterior and interior lights must be working at all times. Replace light bulbs as required.
- Perform daily checks and lock-up procedures for offices and buildings at the end of the work day.
- Monitor irrigation systems to ensure they are turned on early mornings and late nights or as required.
- Monitor and operate the stand-by generator
- Provide support for supervision of ongoing projects undertaken on property outside of regular work hours, on weekends and public holidays. Provide regular updates on project progress to the Property Administrator.
- Source and recommend for procurement supplies for routine maintenance of buildings, fixtures and fittings across the property.
- Identify and recommend for procurement tools and equipment to improve maintenance efficiencies and output.
- Conduct quality checks for all assigned tasks in all areas under portfolio responsibility.
- Provide support for disaster and emergency management activities.
- Coordinate with the Property Administrator for periodic maintenance of all tools and equipment in keeping with established maintenance schedules. Maintain service records.
- Fleet of official motor vehicles cleaned and maintained in immaculate condition at all times
- Inventory of tools and equipment appropriately maintained and all items accounted for
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in General Studies and certification in plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs. Certification by HEART/NTA desirable.
- Experience with landscaping, agriculture or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least three (3) years progressive experience in a similar capacity.
- Supervisory training and experience.
- Valid General Driver’s License and/or experience operating equipment (forklift, tractors, back-hoe, zero-turn mowers, etc)
- Experience operating maintenance tools and equipment
Interested persons are invited to submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed résumé no later than Monday, May 25, 2020 to:
Director, Human Resource & Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.