WANTED: Persons who will help the less fortunate this Christmas! Be part of The Governor-General’s Christmas “Good Deeds” Competition which runs from December 15 to 29, 2014, with winners announced on January 5, 2015!
The Governor-General challenges us to show love during this festive season especially to:
- Children in state care,
- The indigent in infirmaries,
- Senior citizens in homes for the aged.
Who can enter?
- Families, individuals or groups of individuals who are not formally engaged in service or outreach activities either through church or service clubs.
- There is no age limit but persons under the age of 18 must have parental approval.
Rules of the competition
- Entries will be received via King’s House social media:
- Facebook: Office of the Governor-General (King’s House)
- Twitter: Kingshouse_GG
- Indicate your intention to participate and give a brief outline of your Christmas “Good Deeds” project no later than December 15.
- The project must be completed and entries submitted by December 29, 2014 with a detailed project report along with photographs.
- Entries will be judged on overall quality of the project including impact, creativity and authenticity.
- First Prize – Lunch for four persons at King’s House.
- Second Prize – three prizes (one per County) of lunch for two persons at a restaurant/hotel in Kingston, Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.
- Third prize – three prizes (one per County) of tickets for two persons to a play in Kingston or the Pantomime
- Consolation prizes of gift baskets.
Give Love at Christmas!
Updated Dec, 16, 2014.
County second prizes include:
Cornwall: Lunch for two sponsored by the Hon. Ewen Corrodus CD, Custos Rotulorum for the Pairsh of St. James
Middlesex: Lunch or dinner for two at Evita’s Italian Restaurant in Ocho Rios
Surrey: Lunch or dinner for two at the Spanish Court Hotel
Three Consolation prizes: Gift Baskets sponsored by LASCO.
Remember: Give Love This Christmas!